Categories

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Life & Times of S. Bukhari

"Life is a stage. And we're all actors". -Shakespeare. 
The Englishman was a genius. I guess Einstein wasn't the only one who knew me. Everyday, every meeting, situation, experience...I learn something new. Seems like a scene from a movie, where the camera is always rolling. The title is, 'Life & Times of S. Bukhari'. Its a co-direction. God and myself. I`m the lead actor. My life, correction: my movie is full of drama, comedy, suspense, romance, music, thrill, excitement and a whole lotta mystery. I've always considered a good movie, one that keeps the audience guessing, 'what's coming next?'. And damn, with me...that never stops. 

Within 2 months, this particular flesh and bones will be 24 years old. The question is still the same. 'What the hell is going on?'. Don't get me wrong. I`m not confused. I have an idea of how the world works. I thought I had an idea how I work. But believe you me, neither the world nor myself know who and what Suhail Bukhari is. I try to think and understand the world, I cant even crack my own code. 

Everything that happens in life, every interaction...maybe with someone you even don't know, is meaningful. You might not get it straight away. You might even forget about it. But it happened for a reason. There is no coincidence in life. There's always a reason. 

God is everything. Don't take me literally, take me metaphorically. When I think about myself religiously... I`m like a guy with one foot in one boat and the other foot in another. 
نہ خدا ہی ملا نہ وصال صنم 
نہ ادھر کے رہے نہ ادھر کے رہے 
We say all the time how we should fear God and be afraid of him. And there are extreme consequences to our mistakes. Did we ever think about loving him? Did we ever think how of all our short-comings, he still takes great care of us? Nah. We're stuck in a weird mentality. God is above all that. God is love. God is pure. God is patience. God is light. God is peace. God is everything. 

I remember this verse, it went like "Whatever good happens to you, is because of Me. And whatever bad happens to you is because of your own-self". سبحان الله . The ocean of knowledge. I can't get it out of my mind. But then again, talking about God doesn't guarantee you heaven. Intentions do. Actions do. A clap doesn't happen with one hand. 

There are very few people in this world that can truly understand you. You feel at ease with them. You share something that can't be described in words. When you talk to them, you feel... worth living. When you are not with them... you feel some sort of an uneasiness, again beyond words. I don't know...I have this feeling that you are coming back... to me..for me. I can feel your presence. 

خود کو میں ہار گیا تم کو... تم کو میں جیتا ہوں



No comments:

Post a Comment