Categories

Friday, April 27, 2012

A Vast Land

You don't describe a man as either smart, sentimental or sexy. A man is a combination of three things: mental, emotional and physical. A real man, that is. 

Every last day of the week, a random fella would always comment. 
" آج کچھ زیادہ ہی گرمی نہیں"
Over the years I reached a conclusion, "It's always sunny on Friday". One Friday, suddenly it was cloudy at جمعہ  time. I looked up at the sky, smiled, and knew God did this to tell me my theory was flawed. ازکر الله . No doubt the greatest ecstasy is in a sajda, hailing the Real King. Looking at those people, raising their hands, talking directly to The One, if the most beautiful relationship in the world is between a mother and a child then damn the most beautiful relationship in the universe has to be between God and human.

One day a dear friend asked me, what's the meaning of your name. I answered him what they answered me when I was a child; A Vast Land. He metaphorically laughed his arse off. Then I started thinking, wait, a vast land? This can't be right. So after 22 years of believing that I am a vast land, I googled my name. 

Name: Sohail

Gender: Male
Meaning: Shining Star.

I`m a modest man or else I would have told you what Wikipedia has to say about me. But I`m not too modest to share the link, though. 

"Have as much fun as you can, once your'e in practical life, you`ll regret it". That's what a lot of employed friends and other people would say to me, when they`d find out I was still studying. They thought BBA-H was all about girls, weed and booze. For some, yeah..for the cursed Bukhari, the God-damn thesis alone took me 8 months. More of a premature delivery than a thesis. 

So lets not get off-track here, Practical Life. I`ve always ignored this topic, because I dis-agree with the term itself. Practical life is starts when you start looking for a job? So all those years before that was what..a Joke Life? I personally believe there is only one life, there are only phases. I also believe people never really grow up. Sure, they read a few books and think they're Aristotle or Thomas Edison. So if you got a few properties, a car and a son in the U.K., you think you've made it? Baby boomers, nothing more than babies who have boomed a few stacks of cash. 

So what does an unemployed self-obsessed self-declared Philosopher know about life? Lets just say my level of mentality is beyond your level of understanding. My initiation phase is, Go Hard or Go Home and when I`m done I modestly quote Julius Caesar and declare, 'Veni, Vidi, Vici'. 



No comments:

Post a Comment