Categories

Friday, April 13, 2012

Today absorbed into Tomorrow



This song is the most valuable thing that my mother ever gave to me. She used to sing this to me every night... I used to be very talkative..talk to her for hours... but whenever she started singing this lullaby... I would close my eyes.. listen silently... and forget everything... No possession in the world can ever bring back that feeling... 


The video couldn't have been more relevant. As the young me looks back at my life... remembering my childhood... and the lullaby my mother sang. My mother used to tap me the same way while I listened and went to sleep.. The younger me sits at the edge of the balcony..and for a moment forgets about my own-self...and ponders about the selflessness of my mother's sacrifices... The tears coming out of eyes signifies the hardships and tragedies of those times while looking forward to a better tomorrow, just for the sake of the child..

My mother never sang the last stanza to me. But it couldn't more be relevant that the younger me is singing that now ... as the others look at me from afar... unaware...

No comments:

Post a Comment